Reflection of National Geographic’s August Issue: Stopping Pandemics
National Geographic will be hosting a virtual panel discussion featuring an exclusive conversation with Dr. Anthony Fauci, Mayor Muriel Bowser (D.C.), ABC News correspondents and National Geographic experts to discuss the current pandemic, including how past deadly outbreaks can help lead to medical breakthroughs and the important lessons we can learn from history.
Opening Conversation with Dr. Anthony Fauci, Director, National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases at the U.S. National Institutes of Health.
Moderated by ABC News’ Deborah Roberts, award-winning correspondent for "20/20, Nightline," "Good Morning America" and "World News Tonight with David Muir."
Additional participants include:
- Muriel Bowser, Mayor of the District of Columbia
- Dr. Jennifer Ashton, Chief Medical Correspondent at ABC News
- Susan Goldberg, Editorial Director, National Geographic Partners and Editor-in-Chief, National Geographic Magazine
- Richard Conniff, “Ending Epidemics” author and contributing writer at National Geographic, The New York Times and more
- Nsikan Akpan, Ph.D., Science Editor at National Geographic
Thursday, August 13, 2020, 1:00 PM ET.
On the day of the event, the virtual discussion can be viewed at: StoppingPandemics.com/livestream
*Please note this link will be active beginning at 12PM EST on Thursday, August 13, and the event will begin promptly at 1PM EST.
TO REGISTER FOR THE EVENT, CLICK HERE
MEMBERS OF THE MEDIA: TO RSVP, PLEASE CONTACT NATGEO@DKCNEWS.COM